Nevada Statewide Digital Initiative
Assistant Administrator for Library and Development Services
Nevada is rich in resources housed in its libraries, archives, museums, historical repositories, special collections, and state and local government agencies. The Nevada Statewide Digital Initiative supports increasing access to the collections held by Nevada's cultural heritage institutions through digital access to materials by residents of Nevada and scholars and researchers interested in Nevada's culture and history.
Search Nevada's Digital Collections
These locations support searching the local collections as well as searching across multiple Nevada collections. For links to additional Nevada locations see Nevada Digital Resources below.
Links to Digital Resources
Statewide Digital Advisory Committee
Advisory committee members participate in the identification of issues regarding digitization in Nevada, collaborate in the planning and development of a statewide digital initiative, do research in specified areas pertaining to the charge of the committee, provide the information for dissemination, and contribute to effective communication among the key digital stakeholders in Nevada. Distribution of membership includes archives, academic libraries, public libraries, special libraries, museums, historical repositories, records centers, State Historic Records Advisory Board, State Council on Libraries and Literacy and the Nevada Department of Education.
The Advisory Committee identified a series of activities intended to build statewide collaboration including:
- creating a collection policy;
- creating a website that links existing projects;
- adopting statewide best practices and standards;
- creating local partnerships that would build up to statewide partnerships;
- continuing support for the statewide digital advisory committee;
- developing a digital pilot project which models the "curatorial traditions" libraries, archives and museums use to create and manage their digital materials.
- Members, Meeting Agendas and Minutes, Working Groups
Nevada Cultural Heritage Institutions
- State and Local Government Records