Nevada State Council on Libraries and Literacy
The State Council on Libraries and Literacy (SCLL) consists of
11 members appointed by the Governor and 6 members representing agencies of
Nevada state government. It serves an advisory role to the Division of State
Library, Archives and Public Records of the Department of Administration. The
- Examine and overview the whole state of libraries,
librarianship, library education, library resources, and all allied and cognate
activities and prepare a record of its findings.
- Require public
libraries to provide necessary library statistics and reports and to make
recommendations for the advancement of libraries.
- Report biennially to
the Governor and Legislature. The report must be filed on or before January 1
of each odd-numbered year.
- Publish material pertaining to its work
that it may order issued.
- Review plans and applications submitted by
libraries and political subdivisions for state grants-in-aid and make
recommendations to the State Library and Archives Administrator concerning
- Examine and evaluate the programs for literacy in this
- Establish a plan for coordinating programs and activities for
promoting and increasing literacy in this State
Membership of Council
Council Meetings and Agendas