Skip to Main Content

Nevada Talking Book Services

Audio and braille books and magazines

Program Eligibility

Eligibility of blind and other print-disabled persons for loan of library materials:

Anyone who is a resident of the U.S. or its territories temporarily or permanently unable to see or hold print material is eligible for library services for the blind.

  1. An individual who is blind or has a visual impairment that makes them unable to comfortably read print books.
  2. An individual who has a perceptual or reading disability.
  3. An individual who has a physical disability that makes it hard to hold or manipulate a book or to focus or move the eyes as needed to read a print book.

See Eligibility Certification on this page for more details on who can certify the application.

View a brief video from the National Library Service for a description of services.. 

If you have one of the qualifications above, you can ask us to mail you an application, or you can download the application found on this page.

We can now accept faxed, emailed, or photocopied signatures.

Questions: Contact us at 775-684-3354 or 800-922-9334

Eligibility Certification

Eligibility must be certified by one of the following:

Doctor of medicine, doctor of osteopathy, ophthalmologist, optometrist, psychologist, registered nurse, therapist, or professional staff of hospitals, institutions, and public or welfare agencies (such as an educator, social worker, case worker, counselor, rehabilitation teacher, certified reading specialist, school psychologist, superintendent, or librarian).